We’ve updated our Indian Residential Schools Settlement fact sheet. This fact sheet is for Indian residential schools survivors who want to know what their options are under the Indian Residential Schools Settlement Agreement. The fact sheet has information on:
- who’s covered by the settlement agreement,
- how they can take action against the Government of Canada for abuse they experienced at an eligible residential school, and
- the Common Experience Payment and the Independent Assessment Process, including what to do now that the application deadlines have passed.
The fact sheet also lets survivors know:
- who can help them with their settlement agreement claim,
- where to get emotional and other support, and
- how to get legal help.